Details of knife attacks revealed at London Bridge deaths inquest | London


Details of knife attacks on unarmed victims in the London Bridge atrocity have been set out at the inquests into their deaths.

Three terrorists stabbed people in the neck, back and chest during an attack which left eight dead, Southwark Coroner’s Court was told.

The mother of Australian nanny Sara Zelenak was in court to hear how her 21-year-old daughter was stabbed in the throat on Borough High Street that night.

Julie Wallace, sitting beside her partner Mark Wallace, nodded silently to confirm the spelling of her daughter’s name.

Coroner Andrew Harris opened and adjourned inquests at the court on Tuesday for five victims of the attack. He told the families:

All of our thoughts and condolences are with you at this terrible time, one of the most horrible things is for parents to be in court hearing the details of a death, particularly a violent one, of their children.

– Andrew Harris, Coroner

Kirsty Boden, 28, Sebastien Belanger, 36, James McMullan, 32, and Ignacio Echeverria, 39, also died in the area on June 3.

An account of their injuries was read out to the inquest, detailing where they had been found and how they were identified.

Armed police shot dead ringleader Khuram Butt, 27, and his two accomplices Rachid Redouane, 30, and Youssef Zaghba, 22, just eight minutes after the first emergency call was made.

The inquest proceedings were suspended by Mr Harris so that the vast police operation was not hampered by his investigation.

A hearing will take place on Wednesday into the deaths of Canadian Christine Archibald, 30, and Frenchmen Xavier Thomas, 45, and Alexandre Pigeard, 26.



Source : http://www.itv.com/news/london/2017-06-13/inquests-opened-into-deaths-of-five-london-bridge-terror-attack-victims/

Website by DEDALUSWEB